After a rather intensive shopping session at my favorite grocer Trader Joe’s, this month has been riddled with my testing of unconventional recipes that are taking my culinary skills (which are quite limited I must admit) to new heights. Long gone will be the days of my cooking plight. This year I’m determined to make healthy meals that are equally tasty and unique.
Enter my spin on bruschetta. If you’re a lover of great wine and great bruschetta like me you’re going to love digging into this recipe.
1 Large Eggplant
¼ cup Chopped Onion
½ Cup whole kernel corn
1 tsp sage
¼ cup mango slices
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp Himalayan salt
¼ cup olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Optional: You can add green peppers and tomatoes to make it more of an authentic bruschetta taste. I was out of both ingredients which is why I did not include them in this particular dish.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Split eggplant length wise and brush flesh side with olive oil
- Face eggplant sides face down in a roasting pan and place in the oven for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile dice onion, mango, peppers and tomato and combine in a small bowl.
- Season your mixture with paprika, salt, sage, pepper, Italian seasoning and dash on a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Remove your eggplant from the oven and let cool.
- Once cool, slice egg plant horizontally into small, flat slices and arrange within the roasting pan on one side.
- With a medium spoon, add a scoop of your mixture onto each eggplant slice until complete.
- Garnish slices with parmesan, paprika, parsley and a drizzle of olive oil and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until cheese has completely melted.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Let me know if you try this recipe out at home. I had a great time preparing it and will probably keep it in my party planning reserve as a fancy and cheap appetizer.
Love and Beauty,